ENERGY EFFICIENT FEATURES FOR ENERGY SMART LIVING
• Clay brick is one of the original energy conservation tools. Due to its mass, it prevents temperature extremes on the outside of your home from affecting the temperature on the inside of your home. This process is called thermal lag, and it translates into greater year-round comfort and energy savings.
• Attic vents are a vital part of keeping fresh air circulating through this area. Proper attic ventilation extends the life of a roof and reduces problems because it minimizes the temperature differential between the attic and the air outside. Trapped heat and moisture can raise energy costs, cause ice dams, and damage the roof. Effective ventilation will remove moisture and heat from the attic creating a healthy home – both for the structure and the occupants.
• All exterior door frames and windows are installed with a vapour barrier and fully caulked to assist in the effectiveness of your home’s thermal envelope. Proper caulking and weather stripping alleviates drafts and helps your home feel warmer when it’s cold outside and helps keep your home cooler in the summer.
• Energy Star® rated low e/argon filled windows with warm edge spacers, where shown on the plan on the main and second floor. Energy efficient windows save money each and every month.
o Low e (which stands for “low emissivity”) glass is coated with a microscopic, virtually invisible, metallic oxide layer that improves thermal performance. This microscopically thin coating filters the sun’s energy in the summer and reduces heat loss in the winter. Not only does it make your windows more energy efficient, it also provides some protection from harmful UV rays that can fade your flooring, furniture and window coverings.
o Argon gas is an odorless, colorless, tasteless, non-toxic, inert gas, which is six times denser than air. It is used to replace air between the glass panes to reduce temperature transfer.
o A warm edge spacer system wraps around the perimeter of the glass to improve thermal performance, reduce condensation, wintertime heat loss and summertime solar heat gain.
• Energy saving metal clad insulated non-warp entryway door systems with white frames, (where applicable) with weather-stripping to ensure a tighter seal. These entry door systems also have a bottom expander with a vinyl sweep to keep that seal. An energy efficient door will greatly decrease drafts in your house, which will decrease your utility bills. Heat and air conditioning will stay in, therefore decreasing running time of your units.
• Energy Star® rated rear sliding patio doors (where shown on plan) with glass transoms with white frames, featuring low e/argon filled glass panels. They operate smoothly and reliably, help lower heating and cooling costs and make homes more comfortable and secure.
• Programmable Home Thermostat. Programmable thermostats automatically adjust your home’s temperature settings, allowing you to save energy while you’re away or sleeping. They are more convenient and accurate than manual thermostats and improve your home’s comfort, save energy and save money on utility bills when used properly. Programmable thermostats are better for the environment, since using less energy, helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with energy production.
• Energy-efficient water saver shower heads. These water saving, or low flow shower heads, significantly reduce the consumption of hot water within the home and result in lower utility bills and less wasted water.
• Stylish, low consumption, toilets that dramatically reduce water consumption while providing reliable performance and efficiency. Studies show the highest percentage of water used within the home, is attributed to wastewater from toilets. Studies also show using low consumption toilets can save an average of 57% of water consumption compared to older models.
• Forced air, minimum 94% high-efficiency gas fired furnace with electronic ignition. Ducting is also sized to accommodate future installation of a cooling system. Gas supply piping to be 1” and include three “T’s” for installation of future gas lines within the home.
• Rental (PV50) hot water heater with interior insulation wrap, electronic ignition, sealed combustion and power vented to push combustion gases to the exterior. Electronic ignitions start burners electrically, thereby eliminating a pilot light that constantly draws on a gas supply and wastes energy.
• Insulation:The insulation system in your home is designed to reduce the natural movement of heat from warmer to cooler areas. Properly installed, it protects your home as a thermal retarder that helps reduce costly energy bills during heating and cooling seasons.
o R31 Icynene® expandable spray foam insulation over garage ceilings and exposed soffits with habitable space above for additional heating and cooling control. Icynene® is an open cell, soft foam insulation that is sprayed into cavities as a liquid and expands 100 times its volume to seal a cavity. Icynene® effectively reduces air infiltration which can be the largest source of heat and cooling loss in your home.
o R50 Blown Roof Insulation – to reduce heat transfer through your roof means as much as 1/3 of your heating costs can escape through this area.
o R24 Fibreglass Insulation to 2” x 6” Exterior Walls. A home’s structural integrity starts with its exterior walls and 2” x 6” wood stud exterior fabrication sets the standard for high-quality construction. R24 batts, installed snugly between the studs, provides for more effective heat retention.
o R20 Basement Wall Insulation to within 15” of the basement slab, keeps your unfinished basement warmer, more comfortable and makes the floors above warmer, in addition to keeping energy costs down.
• Self-sealing electrical boxes, molded from a high-strength resin, perform in a wide range of temperature conditions. These boxes are environmentally friendly and more energy efficient than typical metal boxes.
DISTINCTIVE EXTERIORS & QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
• Impressive architectural details feature: enduring exterior style with genuine clay brick and masonry stone from Brampton Brick, Citadel® Building Stone by Arriscraft™ and HardiePlank® fibre cement siding – with accents and frieze board, keystones, banding and sills, brick soldier coursing, brick arches, covered and/or recessed front entries, decorative columns, pre-finished aluminum frieze board and other masonry detail as per applicable elevations.
• Colour co-ordinated pre-finished ventilated soffits with 45º corner seams, pre-finished fascia, 5” eavestrough, and downspouts.
• Architectural Shingles Featuring a 30 Year Warranty. These quality shingles provide a distinctive look and protect your home from the elements.
• Bay windows to be finished with pre-finished metal roofing and raised seams where shown on plans.
• Spruce 3/8” plywood roof sheathing provides a stronger more durable roof structure.
• All exterior wood trim (where it occurs) to be primed and painted.
• Screens will be installed on all operating windows.
• The basement windows will be maintenance free, oversized 30”W x 24”H vinyl sliders (where allowed by setbacks and window wells may be required, subject to grade).
• The inlaid glass panel on front entrance door(s), as per plan.
• The front entrance door(s) will be complimented with an elegant grip set featuring a tarnish free finish.
• Wall mounted decorative exterior address plaques.
• Safety door closer on the door from the garage to the interior (where applicable) with a deadbolt.
• Cladwood® Manor House garage doors. These exceptional sectional roll-up doors feature smooth vinyl backers, decorative plexiglass panels, heavy-duty springs and long life rust resistant door hardware.
• Garage floor to be poured concrete.
• Garage walls and ceiling (with the exception of any concrete wall or concrete block wall) will be drywalled and taped and left unsanded.
• Pre-cast concrete slab walkway from driveway to main entrance door. Any applicable rear patio will be pre-cast concrete slabs.
• Driveways are fully paved in a two-step operation including basecoat and finished asphalt topcoat at no extra charge.
• Front porches will be poured concrete over a cold cellar, as per applicable plan.
• Where cold cellars occur, they will be vented and include a door, interior light, and floor drain.
• The entire lot, front and back to be graded and sodded, where applicable.
• Two exterior frost free hose faucets and two exterior weatherproof electrical outlets with ground fault interrupters (GFI).
• Engineered Floor Joist System. This strong, quiet alternative to traditional I-joists are glued and screwed down. In addition, its strongback installation is recognized as the most effective bridging method for vibration reduction, reducing the possibility of squeaking. While most joists are made so openings can be cut into them, the engineered joist comes with engineered openings, guaranteed to maintain the structural integrity of the joist for the life of the home.
• Engineered ¾” Subfloor System. This engineered subfloor solution features a patented tapered edge technology designed to offset the effects of moisture. The bottom line is a solid, structural floor that goes down flat and stays flat.
• Steel beam construction in the basement of detached homes.
• The basement walls are poured concrete with heavy-duty damp proofing, weeping tiles and drainage blanket for additional water penetration protection.
• The basement floor will be poured concrete.
• Where decks are required on the rear patio (on non-walk-out basement conditions) a 4’ x 7’ wood deck with stairs to grade is included.
• Where walk-out basement conditions are applicable, the following features are included in the premium: sliding basement door, rear basement vinyl casement window, step down brick veneer construction, a non-protruding Juliet balcony with railing and no stairs off the main floor rear door, an additional light and GFI electrical outlet.
EXCEPTIONAL & STUNNING INTERIORS
• 9-foot ceilings on the main floor and full 8-foot ceilings on the second floor.
• Cathedral, raised and vaulted type ceilings, as per applicable plan/elevation.
• The colonial trim package features 4 1/8” baseboard with matching 2 3/4” trim for all doors and window casings on the main and upper floors.
• All archways and closets to be trimmed.
• Distinctive “Carrara” smooth finish double panel passage and closet doors with quality antique nickel finish round door knobs.
• All interior trim work will be painted white and interior walls are fully decorated, with the purchaser’s choice of three paint colours, from the Vendor’s designated Designer palette of colours.
• Elegant main floor oak stairs, with oak handrail and pickets (1 5/16”), in a natural finish. Any applicable staircase landing will be completed with pre-finished strip hardwood flooring, from the Vendor’s designated selection.
• Direct vent zero clearance gas fireplace only where shown as standard on the plan. Where shown as standard, fireplace to be completed with painted wood mantel, from the Vendor’s designated selection.
• All main and second-floor ceilings will be finished with stipple and a flat edge finish except for the kitchen, main or second-floor laundry rooms (where applicable) and bathrooms, which will have a smooth finish.
• For your kitchen, Townwood® is proud to provide you with the natural beauty of a quartz countertop. quartz adds luxurious elegance and refinement to your kitchen as well as value to your number one investment, your home.
• Your choice of Fine Kitchen Cabinetry featuring solid frame doors in flat panel maple, oak or laminate in a wide and beautiful variety of colours and trendy styles to make your kitchen uniquely your own, from the Vendor’s designated 1st level upgrade selection. Your kitchen will feature extended uppers, doors with removable, self-adjustable, snap-on hinges for easy cleaning, full cabinets with backing, matching kicks, back panels (where applicable) with dummy doors, drawers with metal slides and 5/8” solid bottoms and pantries where shown on plans. All kitchen cabinetry designs provide for future installation of standard size free-standing kitchen appliances.
• Show off your beautiful kitchen with a double-compartment stainless steel undermount sink featuring a stylish single lever Linden chrome faucet by Delta®, with a pullout spray.
• Kitchen hood fan, in white or almond, vented to the exterior.
DAZZLING BATHROOMS & LAUNDRIES
• 36” Bathroom vanities feature solid frame flat oak panel doors in a wide variety of styles and colours, from the vendor’s designated selection.
• Bathroom vanity counters are laminate, from Vendor’s designated selections.
• Vanity mirrors with a beveled edge (where shown on plan) in all washrooms, with wall mounted make-up lights over each sink and overhead light.
• Temperature balance control valves in bathroom shower enclosures.
• Quality white or bone bathroom fixtures with CERAMIC ACCESSORIES in all washrooms, to include towel bar, toilet tissue dispenser and soap dish in bathtub enclosure and/or shower enclosure, from Vendor’s designated selection.
• Pedestal sink for your powder room, from Vendor’s designated selection.
• Powder room will feature a decorative oval mirror with beveled edge and wall mounted light over sink.
• Separate shower stalls (where shown on plan) to be finished with a marble cap on shower curb and any applicable half walls and ceramic shower base on concrete. Where applicable, glass shower walls to be 6ml glass with steel framing and shower door, from Vendor’s standard selection.
• Relaxing acrylic soaking tubs in master ensuite (where shown on plan). A ceramic backsplash will be installed around the oval tub, from the Vendor’s designated selection.
• Acrylic tubs with extra deep soaking area (20”) and decorative skirting for main washrooms, (where shown on plan).
• Quality imported ceramic tiles (8” x 10”, 6” x 8”) for bathtub enclosure walls, up to and not including the tub enclosure ceiling and imported ceramic tiles (12” x 12”) for bathroom floors. All tiles to be chosen from the Vendor’s designated selection. All thresholds for ceramic floor tile are completed with nickel colour tile edge.
• Laundry rooms for the main or second floor, will be complete with a laundry tub enclosed in a cabinet and wire shelf above (from the Vendor’s designated selection).
• Zurn Pex flexible tubing plastic plumbing and fitting systems. The high strength and flexibility of this product make it ideal for water distribution throughout the house.
• Shut off valves will be installed for all sinks and toilets.
• A rough-in three-piece washroom is located in the basement, as per plan.
• 40 oz. nylon pile broadloom is provided in all living areas and bedrooms. You may choose any one colour per floor, from Vendor’s designated selection, as per specifications.
• All broadloom areas will include underlay, from Vendor’s designated selection.
• 3 ¼” x 3/4” Silhouette Hardwood Flooring, in a natural finish for the main floor hallway, living room, dining room, main floor library (if applicable), family room, upper hallway and master bedroom, from the Vendor’s designated selection.
• Imported 13” x 13” ceramic tiles are provided for the front entrance, kitchen, dinette, laundry room (excluding basement laundry room), powder room and bathrooms, as per plan and from the Vendor’s designated selection. All ceramic flooring is laid on a scratch coat. All thresholds for ceramic floor tile are completed with nickel colour tile edge.
• Any main or second floor areas with a solid material finish will have wood trim molding installed to compliment the 4 1/8” baseboard trim.
LIGHTING, ELECTRICAL, & HOME AUTOMATION
• 100 amp electrical service with automatic circuit breakers and copper wiring throughout, in accordance with Hydro One standards.
• Overhead electrical outlet in the ceiling of the garage, to be separately switched.
• Carbon Monoxide Detector with an audible alarm to be mounted in the hallway of the bedroom area.
• Interior and exterior light fixtures and door chimes are pre-selected by Townwood® and installed in pre-determined areas.
• Wired in smoke detectors on each floor, including basements, in pre-determined areas. Properly maintained smoke alarms can save lives, reduce the risk of injury and property loss.
• All bedrooms will have overhead light fixtures. Your dining room will be equipped with an overhead receptacle for future installation of a fixture. The living room and family room will each have one receptacle controlled by a wall switch.
• Standard white switches and receptacles throughout as per Builder’s specifications.
• Rough-in central vacuum outlets with piping and electrical in the garage.
• ON.Q Home Connection Center from legrand®. Your new home will feature a centralized Home Connection Centre – the superior way to route traditional home wiring and the most modern way to distribute entertainment services within your home. The Home Connection Centre is where entertainment and communication come together. Signals from the outside world (telephone, cable TV, satellite, Internet) enter the Home Connection Centre and are distributed throughout your home via RG6 coaxial cable and Cat 5e cabling to efficiently handle transmissions for phones, fax machines, and high-speed internet. Finished outlets are installed throughout the house providing access points for cable TV, phone or the internet. Telephone jacks will be installed in all family rooms, kitchens, bedrooms, computer areas and home offices/library. Computer networking lines will be installed in all family rooms, bedrooms, computer areas and home offices/library. Cable TV outlets will be installed in all bedrooms and family rooms.
• Pre-wired for a future security system for all openings on the main level only.
• Exhaust fans are provided in all washrooms.
• Heavy-duty wiring and plug receptacles for the kitchen stove and dryer. Exterior venting for a dryer and plumbing for an automatic washer is provided.
• An electrical G.F.I. outlet for small appliances is installed for all washrooms.
• ALL ITEMS ALLOWING THE PURCHASER A CHOICE OF COLOURS AND / OR MATERIALS FOR THE ABOVE WILL BE FROM THE VENDOR’S DESIGNATED SAMPLES.