An Intimate Community
- The community of Highland Green has been designed to create a sense of intimacy and cohesion through architectural coordination of house siting and exterior colour schemes. A landscaped parkette provides an attractive introduction to the community.
-The rich heritage architecture of the area has inspired Highland Green home exteriors, with elevations featuring wood, metal, brick, manufactured stone and architectural details such as stone banding running from the top of the foundations to the first-floor window sills and vinyl siding with ornate millwork, all as per plan. Aluminum railings as per model type, and if grade requires.
Front entrances feature attractive entry doors accented by charming overhead window transoms and sidelights as per plan. Each entry door is accented by a satin-nickel grip set. Framing is entry-resistant. Weather stripping and deadbolt lock are included.
- Traditional front coach lamps or surface-mounted fixtures/lanterns, as per elevation.
- Gracious front covered porches or verandahs crafted from enduring poured concrete as per plan.
- Maintenance-free aluminum soffit, fascia, and downspouts are colour-coordinated to enhance the architecture. Exterior millwork details finished with two coats of premium exterior paint.
- Architecturally distinguished thermal windows with maintenance-free vinyl exteriors add to the design statement. Ground and second floor windows are fitted with decorative internal grills as per plan.
- Reinforced vinyl basement windows as per plan.
- Striking pre-finished, sectional roll-up garage doors, with decorative glazing as per elevation.
- Direct insulated access door from garage to house subject to grade and municipal approvals, as per plan.
- High-grade, self-sealing asphalt roof shingles with certified 25-year warranty.
- Two freeze-resistant exterior water taps and two exterior weatherproof electrical outlets with ground fault interrupter.
- Entire lot sodded except treed natural area and paved areas. This includes asphalt driveway with decorative walkways to entrance.
Kitchen For The Home Chef
- Serveries ideal for entertaining as per plan.
- Stunning kitchen islands with breakfast bars and durable laminate countertops as per plan. Your choice of attractive laminates from builder’s standard selections.
- Deluxe stainless-steel double-compartment sinks with single-lever Moen (or equivalent) faucet.
- Custom-designed kitchen cabinetry with your choice of colour and door styles from builder’s standard selections.
- Stainless-steel high-output exhaust hood fan in kitchen with 6” exhaust vented to exterior.
- Heavy-duty wiring outlet for stove.
- Split electrical outlets at counter level for small appliances.
- Dishwasher space provided in kitchen cabinets with rough-in wiring drain.
- Indulgent master ensuites feature a glass shower and six-foot soaker tub with - 24” of ceramic tile above tub deck as per plan.
- Double-vanity sinks in master ensuite as per plan.
- Single-lever Moen (or equivalent) washer-less faucet in all vanities, with pop-up drains.
- Luxury bathrooms are accented with white bathroom fixtures including sink, tub, and toilet.
- Powder rooms outfitted with crafted pedestal sink and matching toilet, as per plan.
- Mirrors in all bathrooms and powder room over sink.
- Countertops on all vanities where applicable are high-quality laminate.
- Chrome strip lighting in all bathrooms including powder room.
- Your choice of ceramic wall tiles for main bathtub and shower enclosure walls from builder’s standard samples.
- Master ensuite, choice of tile, tub deck and shower walls where applicable, from builder’s standard samples.
- Dens-shield board on separate shower enclosure walls ensures moisture protection, as per plan.
- Pressure balancing valve to all showers.
- Water-saving toilets.
- Low-flow shower heads in showers.
- Exhaust fans vented to exterior in all bathrooms.
- Optional rough-in for three-piece bathroom in basement.
- Soaring two-storey ceilings in areas of the bungalow-loft main floor provide a sense of drama as per plan.
- Nine-foot high main-floor ceilings with drops for mechanical as required as per plan.
- Nine-foot high ceilings on the optional loft floor and second-storey of two-storey model.
- Standard-height basement ceilings.
- Elegant two-panel, standard-height interior doors with satin nickel-style finished handles and hardware.
- Natural-stained oak-finish staircase from main to optional loft area or second floor as per plan where applicable. Main floor to basement stairs paint grade.
- Oak stairs to basement as per plan.
- Natural-stained oak handrails and 1 ¼” pickets or wrought-iron pickets on main staircase as per plan. Choose natural-stained oak hue from builder’s standard samples.
- Smooth ceilings throughout.
- 4 1/8” paint-grade baseboards throughout, with quarter-round in all tile areas.
- 2 ¾” paint-grade casings as per plan.
- Interior doors and trim to be painted in white semi-gloss latex.
- Interior walls to be painted with quality latex paint, with one coat primer and one finish coat of paint. Your choice of one paint color from builder’s standard samples.
- Handsome pre-finished laminated flooring in the dining room, great room, hall and stair landing from builder’s standard samples.
- Your choice of imported 12” by 12” tile on reinforced floor throughout the kitchen/breakfast area, all bathrooms and laundry room from builder’s standard samples, as per plan.
- Your choice of luxurious 35 oz. broadloom with chip foam underpad from builder’s standard samples in all bedrooms and in loft option.
- Durable 2”x 6” exterior wall construction.
- Concrete garage floor with reinforced grade beam.
- All windows and doors caulked to minimize air leakage.
- Poured-concrete basement walls with heavy damp-proofing and weeping tile and membrane applied to all walls enclosing the basement to prevent water infiltration.
- Poured-concrete front porch.
- All subfloors are constructed with 5/8” tongue-and-groove sheathing throughout, sanded and screwed down as per builder’s specifications.
- High-quality 3/8” roof sheathing.
Telecommunications, Electrical and Mechanical
- Overhead light fixtures on all hallway and bedroom ceilings
- White Decora-style light switches and receptacles.
- Electrical outlets in all bathrooms and powder rooms include ground fault interrupter protection.
- Switch-controlled receptacle in living room and/or family room/great room.
- A quality carbon monoxide detector and smoke detector provided on each floor for your safety.
- One electrical outlet on garage ceiling for future door opener.
- Seasonal receptacle located under front porch with interior switch.
- One electrical outlet in unfinished area of basement below electrical panel box.
- Heavy-duty electrical outlet for clothes dryer and electrical outlet for washer.
- Ventilation ducts are professionally cleaned prior to occupancy.
- Rough-in for central vacuum system includes piping to the basement electrical.
- Circuit-breaker type panel with 200-amp services.
- Rough-in for cable TV, locations to be determined by builder.
- Rough-in (3) for network wiring (CAT5).
- Rough-in for security system, location to be determined by builder.
Heating and Insulation Features
- Wall batt insulation and attic insulation as per Ontario Building Code to provide a high degree of energy conservation.
- High-efficiency, forced-air, propane gas furnace complete with electronic ignition and power, vented to outside.
- Ductwork sized and ready for future central-air conditioning.
- Hot-water tank (rental or leased unit) direct vented to outside. Purchaser to execute agreement with designated supplier before closing date.
- Energy-efficient, low-E Argon-filled windows on main floor and loft as per plan.
- Propane BBQ hookups at rear of home
- Ontario New Home Warranty Program (Tarion)
- One-year Warranty Program—The home is free from:
- Defects in workmanship and materials for one full year.
- Two-year Warranty Program—The home is free from:
- Defects in workmanship and material including caulking, windows and doors so that the building envelope prevents water penetration,
- Defects in workmanship and materials in the electrical, plumbing, heating delivery and distribution system,
- Defects in workmanship and materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of the exterior cladding and,
- Violations of the Ontario Building Codes, and Health and Safety provisions.
- Seven-year Warranty Program
- A major structural defect ID defined in the Ontario New Home Warranty Plan Act as:
- A defect in workmanship or materials that result in the failure of a load-bearing part of the home’s structure or
- Any defect in workmanship or material that significantly and adversely affects your use of the building as a home.
- Specifications and Features as described apply only where shown on plans
- All plans and specifications are subject to modification from time to time at the sole discretion of the Vendor. Exterior elevations will be similar to renderings shown, but not necessarily identical. Substitutions made by the Vendor will be subject to the terms and conditions of TARION relating to builder’s substitutions.
- Exterior elevations over garage doors and at front porches are subject to changes created by grade conditions and architectural control.
- Sitings may be reversed, as builder requires.
- Architecturally controlled exterior colour packages for the purpose of providing a pleasing streetscape. changes created by grade conditions and architectural control.
- Purchaser to have a free consultation with the Vendor’s Design Consultant to choose colours and materials from available Vendor’s samples at the Vendor’s Décor Centre, unless already ordered.
- The purchaser acknowledges that finishing material contained in any model home or sales office including broadloom, furniture, vinyl flooring, electrical fixtures, ceramic flooring, upgraded kitchen cabinets, stained staircase and railing etc. may be for display purposes or available at an additional cost and may not be of the same grade or type or may not necessarily be included in the dwelling purchased herein.
- The Vendor will not allow the Purchaser to complete any work and/or supply any material to finish the dwelling prior to closing date. E.&O.E.