The issue that that to really know who the "players" are, you have to be immersed in the industry. There is no chance that the "average Joe" has any clue who has the access, nor do most of the end-users even know about VVVIP events, and such.
I have never tried this, but I am sure you can call the Broker of Record, and ask who has special access.
Some other Key points:
1. Find an influencer on Twitter, and ask them! For example, if you are looking at getting access to a condo, message @BuzzBuzzHome and we will always help find someone.
2. Find the key influences on Twittrer, and check out what "Lists" they have created, and check what their "list" is saying. There is essential information on Twitter, and you have to know how to utilize its power
3. Check out the project's website, Facebook page...etc... See what they are saying! And, don't be shy to talk to them!
4. Look at all the forums. There are amazing real-estate forums all across Canada. Snoop them out, and read everything.
5. Check out picture sharing websites, and search the name of the project you are interested in. See who is posting pictures of the family and friends events...
6. Read all the blogs that are out there. See what agents are talking about. See who is "talking about a project" vs. "promising information in return for your email address".
7. Snoop!!! Goto the sales centre, even if it is still under construction, and ask questions about events and who has access.