Thoughts onCarrie Bradshaw's apartment, from Sex and the City?
I have not watched the show, but I see quite a few design flaws.
Things that I dont like:
1. The main foyer area is such a waste of space! How did she use this, as an office?? Looks like a giant waste of square footage. Why not shrink that kitchen, and turn the main foyer into a dining room? A kitchen that large is made for cooking, but she ain't got no where to eat!! (except on her 5+ desks(?)).
2. When she has her friends over, where did they hang out?! It looks like the main sitting room should be big enough for a sofa, or two, but as it is there are just a lot of chairs. Okay, this is not a physical design flaw, so I cant really count that one.
3. What's up with that kitchen in the middle of the space? Why not open it up a big, and make some more room in the foyer?
4. Why is there a foyer space with a desk leading to the bathroom from the main room? Why not close that off, and put a washing machine and a dryer? Or, a closet for shoes and jackets.
5. There is very little light in this layout. The bedroom has two windows, but the living space only has one. Maybe the layout should be flipped?
Of course, that walk in closet is pretty amazing.
From the looks of it, this space is pretty large for New York, but the layout should be completely reworked without that centre kitchen.